The competences of the Ombudsman include:
- Promoting high ethical standards and innovative methods of conflict resolution in the academic environment;
- Providing assistance in the resolution of conflicts and reducing their negative effects;
- Supporting individuals and organizational units in resolving problems arising in connection with the operation of the University;
- Gathering and disseminating information regarding applicable university regulations and general rules of operation;
- Identifying sources of problems which hinder the proper functioning of the University;
- Briefing and advising the Rector in the area of necessary changes aimed at improving the operation of the University.