When to turn to the Ombudsman?

If you feel you have noticed a problem that affects the academic community or your functioning in it, you should turn to the Ombudsman for assistance. The principles of confidentiality and informality guiding the activity of the Ombudsman guarantee that reporting a case will not have negative consequences for the reporting party.  

You may contact the Ombudsman in the following situations:

  • If you need an opinion from an outsider or someone who will hear your problems in strict confidence and advise on the further course of action;
  • If you need assistance in resolving a complicated matter, which you cannot handle on your own;
  • If you think you have been treated unfairly;
  • If you are in conflict that affects your functioning at the university;
  • If you need a mediator or a facilitator;
  • If you do not know who to address with your problem