Cases can be referred to the Ombudsman in person, by phone, by e-mail and by post.
In personal or more complicated matters, a one-on-one meeting with the Ombudsman is recommended.
Reports are handled according to the following procedure:
- Initial investigation of the case.
- Providing the client with information about the competences, procedures and standards of practice of the Ombudsman.
- Collecting detailed data regarding the case, particularly its factual circumstances and the expectations of the client.
- Determining the course of action.
- Formal acceptance of the reported case and initiation of the proceedings.
Note: The Ombudsman commences the investigation after receiving all necessary materials from the reporting person.
Members of the academic community can discuss problems bothering them with the Ombudsman, without the need to further disclose the case or take any formal steps. Subsequent steps are always determined by the interested parties, depending on the circumstances and available.